Date of Event: Saturday, March 12th, 2011, 4-7pm
Name of Organization: San Marcos Parent-Child Workshop
Name of Event: “Curiosity Cabinet” Silent Auction & Party
Location, Address, Time: Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History (free parking)
Fleischmann Auditorium, 2559 Puesta Del Sol, Santa Barbara
Brief Description: Piquing a child’s inquisitiveness and fostering their creativity and imagination is of paramount importance in child development – this is the premise behind the “Curiosity Cabinet”. Behind these doors you will find a veritable treasure trove! Live and silent auctions feature valuable items including: vacation getaways, hotel stays, restaurant certificates, spa treatments, wine tastings, party packages and much more. This event is the primary fundraiser for San Marcos Parent-Child Workshop, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving the families of our community by providing parent education and an affordable preschool experience for their children. Your tax deductible donation includes 2 complimentary beverages and delectable hors d’oeuvres along with live entertainment.
Ticket Cost: $10.00 per person
Auction Schedule: Silent Auction Section A Closes at 5:15pm
Silent Auction Section B Closes at 5:35pm
Silent Auction Section C Closes at 5:55pm
Live Auction Begins at 6:00pm
Check Out Begins at 6:15pm
SMPCW is a non-profit, cooperative preschool sponsored by Santa Barbara City College’s Continuing Education Division
License # 421710838 501(C)(3) # 77-0138239
Live Auction Items:
- Mexico Get-a-way: A 6 night/7 day stay in a beautiful vacation home in the heart of Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. Minutes from the beach, famous surfing spots and tranquil palm trees, complete with all the comforts of home. Let saltillo tiles, traditional furnishings, and a spacious interior transport your family to a relaxing Mexico Getaway. A $2,000.00 Value
- LuLu Surfboard: Locally owned and lovingly hand-shaped, this 9 foot long board has been crafted to provide years of surfing fun. Complete with a surfing lesson from Santa Barbara Adventure Company, anybody can be stylin’ and ready to ride the waves! A $1,300.00 Value
- Mountain Retreat: A secluded mountain yurt tucked away in the Santa Barbara Mountains awaits you. Nestled among creeks and trails, this fully-appointed yurt sleeps 5, with a large deck affording ocean views, a wood burning stove and a full kitchen. Relax at this mountain retreat only 20 minutes away from downtown Santa Barbara! A $500.00 Value
- Spencer The Gardner: Local rock musician, nature lover and children’s music composer will perform a private, 30-minute acoustic concert of his most popular music from his brand new hit CD titled, “Organic Gangster”. Perfect for children’s eco-conscious birthday parties or other special events. A $300.00 Value
- Spitfire Aviation and lunch at The Elephant Bar: Enjoy an introductory flight and experience an exhilarating afternoon where you take the controls of a Cessna aircraft on your very first flight and soar high above beautiful Santa Barbara! After your flight, enjoy a relaxing dining experience at the Elephant Bar Restaurant, in Goleta. A $130.00 Value
- Ventura Vacation: Experience the rugged beauty of Anacapa Island on a round-trip day excursion for two with Island Packers of Ventura. After your Channel Island adventure, relax at Milano’s Restaurant and choose from their extensive and carefully prepared selection of pastas, pizzas, and healthy salads. When you are ready to rest, enjoy a two-night stay in the beachfront Ventura’s Crowne Plaza Beach Hotel.
- Fairview Gardens Summer Camps: Enjoy three, one-week enrollments in a 2011 summer camp of your choice. Activities include harvesting local fruits and vegetables, feeding goats and chickens, and learning about nature, art, cooking and stories in a playful and meaningful adventure. Educate your children from the inside out!
- Golf for Four: Test your handicap at the exclusive Montecito Country Club. Enjoy a round of golf in the hills of Montecito that feature stunning panoramic vistas of the American Riviera.
- Apple iPad: Make multitasking easier with the Apple iPad. Surf the web, check email, read a book, watch a movie, and talk face-to-face with friends who are far away. Simplify your life with technology at its best with the world’s most advanced mobile operating system in a compact and sleek package. A $499.00 Value
- Family Photographic Experience: Austin and Dara Photography offer a 1-hour portrait session for a family, a couple or an individual plus all digital negatives. Austin and Dara are known for their relational shooting style and vivid imagery and have been featured on TLC, msn.com and apple.com. A $650.00 Value