The questions and answers from Jan. 7, 1988:
1) What eponymous blues band,
which still plays about once a year in town, was set to play the
Lobero Theatre on January 10, 1988?
Answer: The Robert Cray Band
2) What was the name of the theatre at 409 State
Street where The Chieftains, WAR, and REO
Speedwagon played in January 1988?
Answer: The Savoy Theatre
3) Homeless advocates were up in arms about the
City Council’s decision to bar the homeless from
sleeping on the porch of what city property?
Answer: City Hall
New questions from Jan. 17, 1991:
1) What was the name of the Congressperson
representing Santa Barbara who voted in favor of giving
President George Bush the authority to attack Iraq
2) Where would you go in Old Town
Goleta in January 1991 if you wanted to enjoy “CD Night”
and drink 75 cent draft beers on Sundays?
3) Name the bar at 514 State
Street that billed itself “Santa Barbara’s Best Live
Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org to
win cool prizes.