Friday, March 7, The Santa Barbara County Fire Department as well as other local fire departments will join local Domino’s Pizza eateries to encourage fire safety among citizens – or at least the segment of citizenry that orders pizza for delivery. Between 6:00 and 7:30 p.m., Firefighters will travel with Dominos on random deliveries and inspect smoke alarms of willing residents. If the alarms are working, pizza is free. Dominos will also provide a smoke detector if the home is not equipped with one. If alarms lack functional batteries, new batteries will be given by Dominos.
There are five Dominos Pizza stores whose delivery people will be accompanied by fire department representatives:
– 185 South Patterson Avenue, Suite G, Goleta (683-1155)
– 955 Embarcadero Del Mar, Isla Vista (968-8272)
– 3734 Constellation Rd., Vandenberg Village (733-5000)
– 1098 Clark Avenue, Orcutt (937-7233)
– 1655 Mission Drive., Solvang (686-1177)