A county-wide effort to maintain our roads begins June 14, 2010, with applications of scrub seal and micro-surfacing.
Construction is scheduled to begin June 14, 2010, and should be completed by mid-August 2010, contingent upon weather conditions. The county’s Public Works Department will administer and inspect the construction of this project.
The first application will be a scrub seal, which will fill any cracks or voids in the pavement, this will be followed up with the application of a micro surfacing being placed on top of the scrub seal. The project will begin in the northern section of the county with the project finishing up in the southern section of the county.
The County Board of Supervisors has awarded Windsor Fuel Company a contract for $2,367,199.09 as part of its annual Pavement Preservation Program.
The project is funded by Measure D, Regional Surface Transportation Program (RSTP), and Proposition 42. These funds are being used to help maintain and improve roads throughout the County of Santa Barbara in all supervisorial districts. Approximately 43.2 lane miles will be treated with this upcoming project.
Construction is Monday thru Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. The department encourages the traveling public to be aware of reduced speed zones and traffic controls throughout the construction site.
- Baseline Avenue from Happy Canyon Road to 450’ W Happy Canyon Road
- Baseline Avenue from 450’ W Happy Canyon Road to 0.6 Mil W Happy Canyon Road
- Baseline Avenue from 0.6 Mi W Happy Canyon Road to 1.0 Mi W Happy Canyon Road
- Baseline Avenue from 1.0 Mi W Happy Canyon Road to 2.0 Mi W Happy Canyon Road
- Camino Cielo East from 8.0 Mi W Gibraltar Road to 9.0 Mi W Gibraltar Road
- Camino Cielo East from 9.0 Mi W Gibraltar Road to 10.0 Gibraltar Road
- Camino Cielo East from 10.0 Mi W Gibraltar Road to HWY 154
- Drum Canyon Road from Olga Reed School to Cattle Guard
- Foxen Lane From Hill Street to South End
- Oak Hill Drive from St. Andrews Way to 1560’E Galaxy Way
- Oak Hill Drive from 1560’E Galaxy Way to Galaxy Way
- Santa Rosa Road from Highway 101 On-Ramp to Caltrans R-O-W Fence
- St. Andrews Way from Club House Road to 550’ N Manzanita Road
- St. Andrews Way 550’ N Manzanita Road to 1880’ Manzanita Road
- St. Andrews Way 1880’ N Manzanita Road to North End
- Center Avenue from Hope Avenue to East End
- Clark Road from Pueblo Avenue to Center Avenue
- Crestwood Drive from Center Avenue to Hope Avenue
- Crestwood Drive from Crestwood Drive North End
- Old Mill Road from Calle Real to North End
- Pueblo Avenue from Hope Avenue to 1100’W Hope Avenue
- Pueblo Avenue from 1100’W Hope Avenue to La Cumbre Road
- Sterrett Avenue from West End to Hope Avenue
- Turnpike Road SB from Calle Real to Hollister Avenue
- Turnpike Road NB from Hollister Avenue to Calle Real
- Gobernador Canyon Rd. from Stanley Park Rd. to 7105 Gobernador Cyn. Rd.
- Gobernador Canyon Rd. from 7105 Gobernador Cyn. Rd. to 7050 Gobernador Canyon Road
- Gobernador Canyon Rd. from 2.17 Mi W Stanley to Hwy 192
- Padaro Lane from Via Real to RR Bridge
- Sheffield Drive from Hwy 192 to 300 Sheffield Drive
- Sheffield Drive from 300 Sheffield Drive to N Jameson Lane
- Sycamore Canyon Road from Camino Viejo to Hot Springs Road
Public Works Department officials wish to thank local residents, pedestrians, and the travelling public for their patience and cooperation during the construction of this project.