Dog Fest Features PetSafe Outreach Clinic
License, Vaccinate and Microchip Your Dog August 29 at the Wags n’ Whiskers Festiva
Dog owners and their dogs are encouraged to come to Santa Barbara County Animal Services’ special Project PetSafe Outreach Clinic on Sunday, August 29, 2010, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., being held at the Wags n’ Whiskers Festival 2010, at Girsh Park in Goleta.
The following will be available at the Project PetSafe Outreach Clinic:
• Free six month County dog licenses for dogs that have never been licensed
• County dog license renewals – all late fees will be waived
• Affordable vaccinations including rabies , DHPP and bordatella
• Microchipping $20
• Information about affordable spay and neuter services
All dogs must be on leash. No appointments needed. Cash (no bills over $50) and checks accepted.
A current rabies certificate and written proof that the dog is spayed or neutered (if applicable) are required to obtain a dog license. Rabies vaccines are available at the clinic.
Many dog owners do not realize that state and local laws require all dogs over 4 months to be licensed and wearing the tag. According to Jan Glick, Director of Santa Barbara County Animal Services, “A license is your pet’s ticket home. When our Animal Services Officers rescue a pet wearing a license we are able to take it directly home to its family. Wearing a license tells everyone that your pet has an owner who wants to keep their pet safe.”
After the clinic, join fellow animal lovers at the Wags n” Whiskers Festival sponsored by Care4Paws starting at 11 a.m. Dogs, cats and bunnies available for adoption from 17 different shelter and rescue groups, including the County’s three animal shelters, will be at the Festival. For more information about the festival (PDF)
For more online information, contact Santa Barbara County Animal Services, Project PetSafe Team at 805.934.6968.
– Santa Barbara: 5473 Overpass Road, Goleta, CA 93117 • Telephone: (805) 681-5285
– Lompoc: 1501 West Central Avenue, Lompoc, CA 93436 • Telephone: (805) 737-7755
– Santa Maria: 548 W. Foster Road, Santa Maria, CA 93455 • Telephone: (805) 934-6119