Local community recipients of 2009-10 funds from the Rotary Club of Santa Barbara Sunrise Foundation gave their gratitude and thanks to the members of the Club on September 8.
The Foundation receives funds to support local organizations and international projects from the two annual fundraisers the Club puts on – the Old Time Fiddlers’ Convention & Festival (which is coming up October 10) and the Golf Tournament (coming up in May 2011).
The following folks gathered together to show their appreciation to Rotary, and to have their picture taken:
– David Powdrell, Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation Board Member and camp volunteer and Rene Van Hoorn, Therapeutic Recreation at Cottage Rehabilitation Hospital thanked Sunrise for helping to underwrite and serve the picnic for participants and their families, counselors, and instructors at the culmination of their week-long Junior Wheelchair Sports Camp held at UCSB Recreation Center in July.
– Jacqueline Raines-Turk, Girl Scouts of California’s Central Coast, thanked Sunrise for supporting their Pathways Program which will introduce scouting to the underserved community.
– Bill Boyd, President of the RCSBS; Joanne Schoenfeld, President of the RCSBS Foundation.
– Nancy Renshaw, Santa Barbara Youth Symphony, received a new bass instrument.
– Cecilia Molina, principal of El Puente School, thanked Sunrise and Joanne Schoenfeld (a member of Sunrise who donated private funds) to purchase four Elmo Visual Presenters which will help the teachers present information to the students.
– Rich Hanna, Santa Barbara Parks & Recreation/Aquatic Services thanked Sunrise for helping to keep one of the children’s wading pools open for the summer.
– Amanda Hendrickson, Museum of Natural History (Ty Warner Sea Center), was pleased to be able to purchase oceanographic equipment for the wet deck lab station.