Press releases are posted on Independent.com as a free community service.
June 1, 2022
After going two years without its traditional graduation activities, UC Santa Barbara is back in the commencement(link is external) business. The university between June 5 and June 12 will honor 6,585 students – a combination of both undergraduate and graduate — set to earn degrees in 2022 with official ceremonies and celebrations on campus, and in person.
Five ceremonies, organized by college, level of degree and field of study, will be held on Commencement Green, near the campus lagoon, between June 10 and June 12:
• Graduate Division — Friday, June 10, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
• College of Letters & Science, Division of Math, Life and Physical Sciences — Saturday, June 11, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• College of Engineering — Saturday, June 11, from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• College of Letters & Science, Division of Social Sciences — Sunday, June 12, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• College of Letters & Science, Division of Humanities and Fine Arts — Sunday, June 12, from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
In addition, the College of Creative Studies(link is external) will host its Commencement Celebration at 11 a.m. Sunday, June 5, outdoors in Storke Plaza. The Bren School of Environmental Science & Management(link is external) also will hold a Commencement Celebration, from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, June 10, outdoors in the Bren Hall Michael J. Connell Memorial Courtyard.
All of the ceremonies and each of the celebrations will be webcast live; details and streaming links will be available in advance via the Commencement(link is external), Bren(link is external) and CCS(link is external) websites.