Congressmember Lois Capps presented a Congressional Bronze Medal, an award given to young people who set and achieve several personal goals, to 17-year-old Santa Barbara local Kai Fisher on 12/27/15. The award ceremony at Capps’ Santa Barbara office honored Fisher for dedicating over 100 community service hours to the Santa Barbara Public Library and the Friendship Center — a day care facility for adults with Alzheimer’s — and for helping build a school in Costa Rica. Although his family lives locally, Fisher is a junior at Principia High School, a private Christian boarding school in St. Louis, Missouri. “Kai is an example of someone who works hard, not only to make himself a better person, but to make the world around him a better place,” said Capps.
More like this story
- Capps Announces She Won't Seek Reelection
- Telegraph Brewing Wins Two Medals at the 2012 World Beer Cup
- Local Woman Honored with Congressional Gold Medal
- Rep. Lois Capps Endorses Salud Carbajal
- Capps Announces $1.2 Million in Federal Funding for School Counseling Programs for Local Santa Barbara Schools