Login

Not a member? Sign up here.

Veggie Snack Gives Toddler Salmonella

"Veggie Booty" Product Called Throughout North America

A toddler in Santa Barbara County became ill with a rare form of Salmonella, which has been linked to a puffed rice and corn snack called Veggie Booty, which is distributed locally as well as nationwide. The child was not hospitalized, and has recovered fully, according to a statement by Dr. Elliot Schulman, the county’s chief health officer. Salmonella Wandsworth, with which the child was infected, can be fatal to young children, frail or elderly people, or those with weakened immune systems. All codes and expiration dates of Veggie Booty are being recalled, according to a statement by county Health Office Elliot Schulman.

Login

Not a member? Sign up here.