Health Care Centers Celebrate A Vital Resource Under Health Care Reform
The Public Health Department Health Care Centers celebrate National Health Center Week, August 11 – 17, 2013. Health Care Centers provide local solutions for affordable and accessible health care. In January 2014, with thousands of Santa Barbara residents eligible for New Medi-Cal benefits, Health Care Centers will serve as a quality primary health care provider for many of these individuals.
On Wednesday August 14, between noon – 1:00 pm, our Health Care Centers will hold receptions open to the community to learn more about our services:
• Carpinteria Health Care Center – 931 Walnut Street, Santa Barbara • Franklin Health Care Center – 1136 Montecito Street, Santa Barbara • Santa Barbara Health Care Center – 345 Camino Del Remedio, Santa Barbara • Santa Maria Health Care Center – 2115 S. Centerpointe Parkway, Santa Maria
Nationwide, Community Health Care Centers have been in existence for more than 45 years, serving more than 22 million people. Whether they are uninsured or recipients of Medi-Cal and Medicare, many residents choose Health Care Centers because they are convenient, affordable and offer a range of services from a team of caring professionals. Residents who receive preventive care and office based services from Health Care Centers experience reduced hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the Emergency Room.
The Public Health Department (PHD) Health Care Centers are gearing up for patients who will be enrolling in New Medi-Cal with Health Care Reform. Our goal is to provide the highest level of customer service and quality care in each of our Health Care Centers, located throughout the County, from Santa Maria to Carpinteria. PHD has initiated many activities in advance of January 2014 including:
• Re-designing systems to streamline the reception and appointment processes for our patients.
• Embarking on a process to become certified Patient Centered Medical Homes with high levels of coordination and continuity of care for patients.
• Planning for new patients to be able to complete a Medi-Cal application online at one of our Health Care Centers.
• Enhancing our electronic health record (EHR) to provide timely and accurate information to all health care providers and enable patients to access their patient records.