Locations for Sandbags Provided by County
Officials Continue Monitoring the Current Weather Conditions for Potential Flooding
Officials from the Santa Barbara County Office of Emergency Services and the Santa Barbara County Flood Control District continue to monitor the local weather situation and impacts to the Operational Area. This rainfall has resulted in runoff in all major creeks and rivers, including areas of the recent burn areas. Drivers should continue to exercise caution if they are out and about driving today. Officials want to remind residents to check the current road conditions and rain totals in the County and to stay in-touch with OES messages by subscribing online.
The County of Santa Barbara urges all residents to remain prepared for changing weather conditions, monitor local media, and follow emergency official’s instruction. Those in the recent burn areas should remain vigilant and aware.
Sand Bags are available at the following locations:
– County Corporate Yards (SB County Transfer Station, 4430 Calle Real and Foster Road, Santa Maria);
– Santa Barbara City Corporate Annex Yard (401 E. Yanonali Street 7:30am to 3:30pm) and Station 7 (2411 Stanwood Drive — 24 hrs until further notice0;
– Santa Maria City – Sand only at Suey Crossing, City Public Works Yard (830 W. Cypress (8am to 4pm Monday-Friday) and West Carmen Lane just West of Depot Street (24 hrs) – Sandbags – must be purchased;
– County Fire Station 14 (on Los Carneros Rd in Goleta), and Station 32 (at Santa Ynez Airport)
– Montecito Fire Station #1 (on San Ysidro Rd in Montecito);
– City of Carpinteria Public Works Department (5775 Carpinteria Avenue, Carpinteria and Carpinteria-Summerland Fire Protection District, Station 2 (2375 Lillie Avenue, Summerland).