Cottage Health System, Cancer Center of Santa Barbara with Sansum Clinic and Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics are teaming up with other organizations to provide this community health event.
Free cancer screenings available:
• Skin cancer screening (for ages 20+)
• Visual oral cancer screening (for ages 30+)
• Clinical breast exam (for ages 40+)
• Colon cancer at-home screening kits (for ages 50-75)
Cancer prevention information topics will include:
• Healthy eating information and tips
• Exercise information and demonstrations
• HPV vaccine and cervical cancer
• Hereditary family cancer risk
• Prostate cancer
• Ovarian cancer
• Skin cancer
• How and why to stop using tobacco
Future appointments for those who qualify:
• Women’s preventative exams (which may include mammogram screenings)
• Genetic counseling
This event is designed primarily for those who do not otherwise have access to medical services. Information will be available in English and Spanish.
No appointment necessary. Eastside Neighborhood Clinic is located at 915 Milpas Street. For more information, call toll free 1-855-CHS-WELL.
The Mission of the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics is to provide high quality, comprehensive, affordable healthcare to all people, regardless of their ability to pay, in an environment and fosters respect, compassion and dignity.