· Patrick Crooks, 22 years old, was arrested on July 20 at approximately 7:36 a.m. for possession of a slingshot. According to police records, officers responded to an illegal camper on the front porch of a private residence. The slingshot was “within arms reach” of Crooks, according to the booking statement. Crooks told officers the slingshot was used for “self defense or attacking other individuals.” He was booked into County Jail with bail set at $2,500.
· Josefido Ciriaco, 21 years old, was arrested on July 24 at approximately 3:10 p.m. and charged with five felony drug counts, including possession, transportation, and sale of cocaine and methamphetamines. He was arrested in the 800 block of North Salsipuedes Street. During the officers’ search, narcotics weighing approximately 31 grams were discovered inside a soda can. According to police records, the vehicle occupied by Ciriaco was initially stopped for a cracked windshield. After noticing a “peculiar Coca-Cola Can” which appeared to have been cut in half then placed back together, the officers requested to search the can. The driver of the vehicle was also arrested and charged with drug-related crimes. Ciriaco was booked into County Jail with bail set at $30,000.
· Raul Calzadilla Ordones, 24 years old, was arrested on July 26 for domestic battery. The incident took place on July 25 at 2009 Monterey Street at approximately 11:00 p.m. Ordones allegedly threatened the victim, stating “I’m going to take your eyes out with a fork.” According to police records, Ordones was found asleep in the driveway when he was the arrested at 7:13 a.m. the following morning. No bail was set due to the violent nature of the crime.
· UPDATED: Lovens Laurore, 21 years old, was arrested on July 28 at approximately 4:45 a.m. for trespassing in a residential property at 111 North Milpas Street. [The original report by the police allegedly burglary was incorrect.] According to police records, the property is a youth hostel and Laurore had been warned not to return. Laurore told police he knew was “not welcome,” but returned anyway. He allegedly stole $1,200 worth of property and a total of $198 in cash from guests at the hostel. He was booked into County Jail with bail set at $50,000. Laurore contends that the incident was the result of a misunderstanding. He eventually pleaded guilty to trespassing, and had to pay court fees.
· Todd Snively, 55 years old, was arrested on July 29 at approximately 10:08 a.m. for public intoxication after being discovered unconscious on the beach and punching a firefighter in the stomach. According the police records, Snively was found with an “open fly” and “bottles of white wine.” He was booked into County Jail with bail set at $1,000.