Your browser is blocking the Transact payments script
Transact.io respects your privacy, does not display advertisements, and does not sell your data.
To enable payment or login you will need to allow scripts from transact.io.
Although the sun has gone down on the 35th Annual Santa Barbara International Film Festival, there is one last hurrah for filmgoers to enjoy — a weekend of free screenings. From Friday, January 31, to Sunday, February 2, three festival winners will show for free at the Riviera Theatre: The Flying Circus (Winner of the Jeffrey C Barbakow Best International Feature Film), Friday, January 31; The Birdcatcher’s Son (Winner of the Audience Choice Award, sponsored by the Santa Barbara Independent), Saturday, February 1; Bastards’ Road (Winner of the Best Documentary Award, sponsored by SEE International), Sunday, February 2.
The following is a list of the other festival award winners:
- Sixth of June, Best Documentary Short Film
- Sin Cielo, Bruce Corwin Award: Best Live-Action Short Film
- Cosmic Fling, Bruce Corwin Award: Best Animated Short Film
- Hope Gap, Panavision Spirit Award for Independent Cinema
- The Goya Murders, Nueva Vision Award for Spain/Latin America Cinema
- The Exception, Valhalla Award for Best Nordic Film
- Liberté: A Call to Spy, ADL Stand Up Award
- The Prison Within, Social Justice Award for Documentary Film
All shows play at 6:30 p.m. at the Riviera Theatre (2044 Alameda Padre Serra). Seating is first come, first served. See sbiff.org.