Every week the UCSB Music Department is bringing a bit of free culture to the Music Bowl on campus to help expand your international music horizons. Check out these acts playing every Wednesday at noon:
• January 30: Colter Frazier/Rob Wallace Duo perform jazz improvisations.
• February 6: Persian classical and folk music performed by Mamak Khadem and Hamid Saeidi.
• February 13: The UCSB Jazz Ensemble presents an exciting program directed by Jon Nathan.
• February 20: Peter Feldmann directs the UCSB American Folk Music Ensemble.
• February 27: Guest artist I. Dewa Ketut Alit Adnyana leads the Gamelan Ensemble in traditional Balinese music, complete with a mask dance sequence.
• March 5: Traditional and contemporary African-American songs sung by the UCSB Gospel Choir.
Visit music.ucsb.edu for more information, or call 893-3230.