Effective today at noon, Tuesday, August 18, 2009, several changes are being made by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office to evacuation categories for the following areas due to the reduced fire activity of the La Brea Fire.
Evacuation Warnings are removed for three areas including:
The Pine Canyon area
* Northern Boundary: Pine Canyon Road (Forest Service Road 11N04) from Highway 166 to Horseshoe Springs Campground
* Eastern Boundary: Forest Trail 31W12
* Southern Boundary: Buckhorn Canyon Road (Forest Service Road 11N06)
* Western Boundary: Highway 166
The Tepusquet Canyon area
* All of Tepusquet Canyon, from Santa Maria Mesa Road to Highway 166
* All of Colson Canyon and the Blazing Saddles community
* All of Ruiz Canyon
The area bounded by Cottonwood Road and Wasioja Road between Highway 166 and Sierra Madre Road.
The Evacuation Order is changed to an Evacuation Warning for the area within these borders:
* Western boundary: Sierra Madre Road
* Southern boundary: Cottonwood Road
* Eastern boundary: Highway 166
* Northern boundary: Spoor Canyon
[An Evacuation Warning means people in the warning area need to be prepared to leave should the situation change.]
Residents in all areas and the motoring public should continue to use caution while traveling due to the fire personnel still driving to the fire perimeter to mop up hot spots and complete suppression line rehabilitation.
Fire information is available at www.inciweb.org or on the County’s website www.CountyofSB.org. Or call the USFS Fire Information Line at (805) 961-5770 from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.