Santa Barbara city fire officials believe an unattended candle is to blame for a fire that broke out just before 5 p.m. Tuesday, November 24, at a residence on Salinas Place.

When firefighters responded to the call at 1319 Salinas Place they came upon heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of a duplex on the property. Two people were attempting to extinguish the fire with a garden hose, but were removed by a police officer, while responding firefighters put the fire out within 22 minutes of first arriving.

No one was injured in the fire.


Please note this login is to submit events or press releases. Use this page here to login for your Independent subscription

Not a member? Sign up here.