As part of the carpool lane improvements, crews will place k-rail in the median on the northbound and southbound US 101 overnight. The placement of k-rail is necessary for crews to work in the median during the day to widen the highway.
Northbound and southbound US 101 between Mobil Pier Road to Casitas Pass Road in median in several locations.
• Nightly, Sunday, April 15 to Thursday, April 19
• One night, Sunday, April 22
• Southbound US 101 from 8 p.m. to 9 a.m.
• Northbound US 101 from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Northbound and Southbound US 101: one lane will be open in each direction.
• Median crossing at La Conchita will be closed during the placement of k-rail. Daytime Work: Following the placement of k-rail.
• Construct La Conchita Pedestrian Undercrossing: pedestrian access to the beach will be closed.
• Widen Bates Road Bridge Construction noise will not exceed levels allowed by state and federal regulations.
Toll-Free Hotline: (855) 454-6335, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Email: Visit the website above and click on ‘Contact Us.’
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project is constructing a sixmile carpool lane in each direction for vehicles with two or more passengers, along US 101 from Mobil Pier Road in Ventura County to Casitas Pass Road in Santa Barbara County. Additional improvements include: a pedestrian undercrossing in La Conchita, concrete barriers, southbound bike lane, median landscaping, reconstruction of existing drainage, closing existing median openings and installing Intelligent Transportation Systems.