Made In S.B.: Holiday Markets
Where to Find Unique Gifts for the Giving
• This marks the 45th year that the seasonal cooperative The Yes Store has opened during the holiday season. This year’s offerings include one-of-a-kind wares made by Santa Barbara artisans. Jewelry, pottery, clothing, woodworking, photography, and textiles can all be found here. The Yes Store is open seven days a week, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., until December 24. Located at 629 State St. For more info, call 966-9777 or visit theyesstore.com.
• Santa Barbara Arts offers a varied collection of handmade art by area artists. Located in La Arcada courtyard, the shop is a treasure trove of hand-crafted jewelry, sculptures, paintings, photographs, and much more. With complementary gift wrapping, these works of art will look wonderful under the tree before finding their more permanent home on your wall or mantelpiece for all to enjoy. Hours: Mon.-Sat., 11 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sun., 11 a.m.-5 p.m. 1114 State St., Ste. 24. For more info, call 884-1938 or visit sbarts.net.
• The vendors at the Cabrillo Arts and Crafts Walk sell some of the most unique art in the city. Stretching from Stearns Wharf to East Beach, shoppers can find paintings, pottery, kitchenware, clothing, jewelry, and anything else you can possibly think of to make your gifts extra special this year. Opens every Sunday from 10 a.m. to dusk. Located at Cabrillo Blvd. and State St.
• It used to only be open in December, but A Crimson Holiday is now a year-round store. The shop showcases heaps of area artists’ works for purchase, including Joel Hoffmann’s surfboard kitchen cutting boards; Cari Summer’s fiber art creations; and jewelry designed by Marilyn Dannehower, owner of MAD Dreams Design and the driving force behind the enterprise. Other items include quilts, stuffed toys, wind chimes, soaps, lotions, and candles. Hours: Mon.-Fri., 10 a.m.-8 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sun., 11 a.m.-6 p.m. La Cumbre Plaza, 3800 State St. For more info, call 455-1205 or visit acrimsonholiday.com
• A few years ago, Santa Barbara native Nancy Law founded SantaBarbaraCompany.com, a website dedicated to representing artisan’s work from the area. Olive oils, gourmet jams, organic soaps and lotions, food, books, and art, among other items, can all be found on the site. Give a bit of coastal living to your family members this holiday season. Visit santabarbaracompany.com.
• Find just the right tome for the book lover on your gift list at the Solvang Library Holiday Book Sale and Craft Fair. The savings are impossible to beat: Hardback books are $2 each, and kids’ books are just 50 cents! Plus, there will be a bounty of handmade goods to complement this literary fire-sale. Proceeds benefit the library. Sat., Dec. 14, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Solvang Library, 1745 Mission Dr., Solvang. Call 688-4214.
• If you like roller skating and shopping for gifts, you won’t want to miss the Holiday Shop ’n’ Roll Artisan Market. Eat, mingle, play, and shop for perfectly unique gifts all under the same roof. Dec. 14-22; Mon.-Thu., 11 a.m.-9 p.m; Fri.-Sun., 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Exhibit Building, Earl Warren Showgrounds, 3400 Calle Real. Free-$5. Call 628-2696 or visit shopnrollsb.com for more information.
• As they’ve done for the past six years, the Massage Gallery is holding its Holiday Gift Boutique, giving folks the opportunity to peruse works featured by South Coast artists and listen to live music. Raffles will be held to benefit Girls Inc. of Greater S.B. Sat., Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. The Massage Gallery, 1506 Chapala St. Free. For more info, call 448-8967 or visit themassagegallery.com.