Top Six Reasons to See Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks
1. Mary Jo Catlett said that the show has a great message, that
“seniors are alive and well. People may try to forget about them,
but seniors are here, and they are active.”
2. Partner dancing is huge right now, with shows like Dancing
with the Stars drawing big television ratings.
3. The story is progressive and intergenerational, pitting a
40-something gay dance teacher and his 73-year old pupil against
each other as equals in this battle/tango of the wits.
4. Joseph Fuqua, who plays dance instructor Michael Minetti,
knows how to take the lead. He said, “I learned that at Arthur
Murray in New York, but even more so from my partner when I did
competitive disco dancing as a teen. She used to say, ‘You have to
throw me around, Joe!’”
5. Mary Jo Catlett will be a familiar voice for all you
SpongeBob fans. She’s Mrs. Poppy Puff on that show.
6. The seventh lesson is free!