Investigators Looking into Orcutt Explosion

Natural Gas Ignited, Injuring the Building's One Occupant

Fire officials announced on Thursday that they had determined the cause of an explosion and subsequent structure fire that occurred at 225 Stubbs Ln. in Orcutt at 11:57 a.m. on Tuesday, November 18. According to a statement from County Fire spokesperson Capt. Eli Iskow, the explosion resulted from an accumulation of natural gas behind an electric dryer. The gas valve was not attached to any appliance. Investigators are still looking into what exactly ignited the gas. However, the incident is being considered accidental.

One person was in the building when it exploded and was taken to Marian Medical Center for treatment of injuries that Iskow referred to as “undetermined.”

Login

Please note this login is to submit events or press releases. Use this page here to login for your Independent subscription

Not a member? Sign up here.