Supervisor Janet Wolf and Takashi Wada, MD, MPH, Director and Health Officer, invite all Santa Barbara County residents to a free forum on Public Health. The Forum will be held on Thursday, December 2 from 9am to noon at the Public Health Department, 300 N. San Antonio Road.
The forum will explore the following questions:
• What does Public Health do for the community?
• How does Santa Barbara County compare to other California counties in health areas?
• What is the Public Health Department doing to prepare for health care reform?
• How can we work together to improve public health?
• In a world of shrinking resources, what are essential public health services?
“We want to make people aware of the wide range of services provided by the Public Health Department, and get the public’s input about priorities during these tight fiscal times,” stated Supervisor Wolf. Currently chair of the Board of Supervisors, 2nd District Supervisor Wolf has a great interest in health related issues and engages residents in learning more about how they can improve their health and quality of life.
Takashi Wada, MD, MPH, is director of the Public Health Department and Health Officer for the County of Santa Barbara. He came to Santa Barbara County from Pasadena where he was Director of the city public health department. Dr. Wada offers a breadth of expertise.
All residents of Santa Barbara County and local service providers are invited to attend this free forum. Coffee and refreshments will be served. Due to limited space, reservations are requested to Susan Klein-Rothschild at: email@example.com or 681-5435.