‘Tis the Season for the Downtown Organization sponsored Holiday Décor Contest where each year businesses are recognized for their holiday decorating efforts.
The 2010 Grand Prize winner, and returning entrant, is 33 Jewels at El Paseo at 814 State Street. This locally owned and operated jewelry store took its window display to new heights this year in order to allow the holiday decor to outshine the beautiful jewels that grace the wrap-around display windows and everywhere in between. The traditional Santa Claus is the standout stud in the holiday décor as he rides in a fully operating Ferris wheel, swings from the ceiling in a fairy suit and sits in as Grandfather Time. Garland, ornaments, Christmas trees and lights adorn the windows and inside walls as the sounds and scents of the holidays fill the air.
More than 25 downtown businesses participated in this year’s festivities, and each window stayed true to the business while maintaining a holiday theme. Highlights include rooftop ornaments, elegantly decorated windows with traditional Christmas trimmings, unique holiday decor, creative displays made from scratch and sparkling lights from top to bottom! We would like to thank the Santa Barbara Independent and the many businesses that are participating to help create the cheerful atmosphere of the holiday season throughout downtown.
The following businesses are awarded for their outstanding efforts:
– 2010 Award of Excellence: 33 Jewels at El Paseo, 814 State Street
– President’s Award for Most Creative Display: East Beach Wine, 1114 State Street #24
– Directors’ Award for Most Artistic Display: Tienda Ho, 1105 State Street
– Holiday Spirit Award for Most Imaginative Display: Santa Barbara Travel Bureau, 1028 State Street
– De la Guerra Award for Most Traditional Display: Lewis & Clark, 1116 State Street
– Judges’ Award: Santa Barbara Outfitters and prAna at SBO, 1200 State Street