1. The Good News Club “Christian” proselytizes kids aged 5-12 inside our public schools on ten campuses in Santa Barbara, thereby allowing public schools to be used as churches. All tax payers are forced to support a religion they may not accept by paying for our public schools.
2. The cause of this illegal action is the 2001 Supreme Court’s approval of it.
3. Our First Amendment reads, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”
4. One religion was established by the Supreme Court in 2001, violating the Constitution.
My proposed solution:
1. Organize several Good News Clubs – Muslim, Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, Unitarian, etc. (They can be small.)
2. Put them on all elementary campuses.
3. Encourage kids to argue with each other about their religions. Get the parents involved. Encourage lawsuits by organizations like Americans United, etc.
4. Appeal to the Supreme Court.
These are my questions:
1. Could the Court help to make all our schools churches?
2. Has this Supreme Court read the First Amendment and do they understand it?
3. Do the religious beliefs of the court justices influence their decisions?
I agree with Thomas Jefferson, who said that religion is a matter which lies between a man and his god and that there must be a wall of separation between Church and State.