Follow in merry measure this list of several area businesses that provide handcrafted holiday gift ideas for the whole family.
• After 15 years in interior and graphic design, sisters Tania Armstrong and Tamara Kleidermacher realized their dream of their own decorative pillow business, Chloe & Olive. Designed and crafted in Santa Barbara, the variety of home décor products they offer can add panache to any room in the house (or outside). Check out Chloe & Olive’s website at chloeandolive.com for the limited-edition Holiday Collection and other gift ideas, suitable for any budget.
• Now in its ninth year in downtown Santa Barbara, the Santa Barbara Arts store offers a great collection of handmade art by area artists. Conveniently located in La Arcada Court, Santa Barbara Arts is a treasure trove of handcrafted jewelry, sculptures, paintings, photographs, and much more. With complimentary gift wrapping, these works of art will look wonderful under the tree before finding their more permanent home on your wall or mantelpiece for all to enjoy. For more information, visit sbarts.net or call (805) 884-1938.
• Gift baskets are everywhere this time of year, from fruit shaped like flowers to the (always-disappointing) yearly subscriptions to the Jelly of the Month club (thanks, Grandma). This year, send your friends and loved ones a taste of Central California with a package from Central Coast Gift Baskets. Founded in 2005 by Todd and Anne Pazier in Santa Barbara, Central Coast Gift Basket offers a wide selection of delicious goodies from premier vendors to be shipped nationwide. To view the wide array of California wine, beer, and more, visit centralcoastgiftbasket.com.
• First opened in 1968, The Yes Store is welcoming guests for the 44th year in a row to offer one-of-a-kind art and crafts. As California’s original artists’ cooperative, the Yes Store pops up seasonally in contribution to the holiday gift-giving period and features the best of Santa Barbara artistry. With options in fine jewelry, ceramics, metalwork, kaleidoscopes, photography, blown glass, and mixed media, the Yes Store is truly a one-stop shop for your holiday needs. Located at 930 State Street (next to the Apple Store), the Yes Store is open seven days a week, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., until December 24. For more info, visit theyesstore.com or call (805) 966-9777.
• Want to score creativity points this Christmas and make your own gifts? Sip cider while creating your own holiday wreath, tree ornaments, wrapping paper, and more at the Holiday Nature Craft Workshop. Visit the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden Saturday, December 15, 10 a.m.-noon, for this fun annual holiday event. Reservations are required, so visit sbbg.org and click “events” for more info. Or give them a call at (805) 682-4729 x102.