It may never be the same Bat Time or the Same Bat Channel for Make-A-Wish after Miles’ wish to be Bat Kid captured the imagination of the world last week. http://sf.wish.org/wishes/wish-stories/i-wish-to-be/wish-to-be-batkid Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties CEO, Shanna Wasson Taylor has been with the chapter for 17 years and has never seen a wish story spread like Miles’. She reflects, “Miles’ wish to be Bat Kid wish captured the spirit of the local San Francisco community and flooded the hearts of the world. We are excited about the interest this wish has created here on the central coast. Our friends in San Francisco not only granted Miles’ heartfelt wish. Through the interest they created in our work, they helped us come that much closer to our vision of granting a wish for every child with a life-threatening medical condition.”
Taylor has put together the Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties’ Top Ten List to match the interests of the local community to help with the most pressing needs of the local chapter.
1. 22 new volunteer Wish Granters Needed in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. Significant grass roots and media support needed to spread the word. http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/volunteering Flyers to post are available here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151403022552168.1073741865.60272247167&type=3
2. 6 million airline miles needed http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/giving/airline-miles
3. Concrete, Bob Cat and rebar needed for Jonah’s Backyard Skate Feature Wish https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151516020777168&set=a.10150514798767168.326211.60272247167&type=1&theater
4. 70 referrals needed to reach the full 148 potential Wish Kids who we know are in our territory but have not yet been referred for a wish. http://tri-counties.wish.org/refer-a-child
5. Funding to make this important work come true https://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/giving/donate
6. 3 new Board members in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo County http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/volunteering/volunteer-roles
7. 10 new external events needed to be hosted for us http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/fundraising/fundraising-ideas/propose-an-event
8. 5 new Kids For Wish Kids projects to be hosted for us http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/fundraising/kids-for-wish-kids
9. Make-A-Wish is excited to speak at clubs, organizations and businesses. A typical speaking engagement includes 12 minutes of speaking, an 8 minute DVE and 10 minutes of questions. Speaker request forms are available at firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Car and boat donations: http://tri-counties.wish.org/ways-to-help/giving/donate-your-vehicle
ABOUT MAKE-A-WISH TRI-COUNTIES: Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. With a staff of only four and the help of more than 100 volunteers, Make-A-Wish Tri-Counties has granted over 1200 special wishes to children in Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties. If you want to refer a child to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, call 1-888-899-9474 [WISH]. Donations may be sent to Make-A-Wish at 4222 Market Street, Suite D, Ventura, CA 93003. To donate your vehicle or your airline miles call 676-9474. For information on these or other ways to help go to www.tri-counties.wish.org.