Celebrating Fiesta 2015
Comprehensive Guide to Old Spanish Days, Which Descends on Santa Barbara This Week
This year, The Santa Barbara Independent’s annual guide to Old Spanish Days is a special pullout magazine. Our Calendar Editor Terry Ortega has listed absolutely every event, starting with Wednesday’s Fiesta Pequeña on the Mission steps. You can find the whole lineup for Friday’s spectacular horse parade with its floats, marching bands, and amazing vaqueros. Barney Brantingham gives you the inside scoop on where to get the best of Mercado foods. And Richie DeMaria guides you through a world of music that will be playing all week.
Check out all the events, from early morning rodeos and pancake breakfasts to courthouse dancing under the night sky. Have fun. And Viva la Fiesta!
• Meet the Spirits of Fiesta 2015: Two Star Dancers Carry on the Legacy of Old Spanish Days
• Tales of Fiesta Romance: Old Spanish Days goes “Romántica,” so we bring you Santa Barbara summer love stories.
• Fiesta Food Frenzy: A veteran’s rundown of where to grub during Old Spanish Days 2015.
• Bringing Courthouse Murals to Life: California Missions Foundation teams up to bring old Santa Barbara to the Fiesta parade.
• Fiesta Music: Not Just Flamenco
• Fiesta Memories: Fun at Fiesta Pequeña
• Fiesta Memories – Josefa Erro: The author explains the legacy of his great-grandmother.
• Fiesta Memories – Fast Times at Fiestas Past: Wild Horse, Longhorn Cattle, Floats Afire, and More Rowdy Memories of Fiestas Gone By