by Christian Garvin
As the cold clings to our coast a little longer, satisfy
your need for the kind of stuff that sticks to your
• Tupelo Junction: Fried chicken salad is great
for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Add a few homemade biscuits and a
Dixie Voodoo Ale to wash it down. 1218 State St.
• Piatti: Why the best meatloaf in town is at
an Italian joint no one knows, but the three meats — veal, pork,
and beef — might have something to do with it. 516 San Ysidro
• Spiritland Bistro: You don’t have to be a
native of the island to find the Madagascar Vegetable Soup
comforting and filling on a cold night. 230 E. Victoria
• Shalhoob’s: Beef dip so big the dip should
come in a five-gallon bucket. 632 Santa Barbara St.
• Joe’s Café: The club sandwich has cured
hangovers, marital woes, and business disputes. 536 State