An Adventure Pass is typically required for day use activities and camping at many recreational facilities in the Forest. This “Fee Free Weekend” applies to all Adventure Pass areas except the Lower Santa Ynez Recreation Area on the Santa Barbara Ranger District, where the fee remains in effect. Other fees such as reservation fees and group site fees will also still apply. Forest visitors who unknowingly validate a daily Adventure Pass on “Fee Free Weekend” can have the pass replaced free of charge at most Forest Service offices.
“We are excited to include Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday as part of our annual Fee Free days this year,” said Los Padres Forest Supervisor Peggy Hernandez. “This is a great opportunity to spend time on the Forest and enjoy the natural wonders of our public lands.”
For more information on current conditions and recreation opportunities, call the office nearest you:
- Monterey District Office – King City (831) 385-5434
- Santa Lucia District Office – Santa Maria (805) 925-9538
- Santa Barbara District Office – Santa Barbara (805) 967-3481
- Ojai District Office – Ojai (805) 646-4348
- Mt. Pinos Ranger District – Frazier Park (661) 245-3731