The evening will feature a traditional family Irish dinner, live entertainment by Foggy Dew, a singalong to favorite Irish songs and group dancing as well as a raffle with fantastic prizes.
When: Sunday, March 11, 5:00-7:30 p.m. (first day of Daylight Savings)
Where: Parish Hall at Trinity Episcopal Church, 1500 State Street, Santa Barbara
Cost: $35 per adult and $5 per child (under 10)
Donations are tax deductible. All proceeds go to Fonkoze.
If you have questions or would like to make a donation and can not attend Irish Night please contact Anne Shaw at ANNE.SHAW09@gmail.com or call 805.687.3685
- Make checks payable to: Fonkoze USA by March 4
- Indicate: Contact phone number, names, number of adults/kids, number of vegetarian meals
- Mail to: Anne Shaw, 158 E Calle Laureles, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
How Irish Night Changes Lives
- In 2007, Fonkoze Santa Barbara raised $60,000 to open a new bank to provide microcredit business loans for Haitian women
- In 2009 the new branch opened in Jean Rabel, a rural community in Haiti. In January 2012 the branch was serving 1,400 women, having nearly doubled its January 2011 total.
- By 2011 Fonkoze SB raised another $46,500, funding 2,120 classes provided to 1,590 women
- In 2011 between February and June, 461 women attended classes in literacy and health
- By January 2012, raised another $17, 818 towards the $25,000 needed to reopen classes (suspended since June for lack of funds) for 1000 women this year