Northbound and southbound US 101 between Mobil Pier Road to Casitas Pass Road in median in several locations.
• Nightly, Sunday, April 15 to Friday, April 20, 2012
• Nightly, Sunday, April 22 to Friday, April 27, 2102
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Northbound and Southbound US 101: one lane will be open in each direction.
• Median crossing at La Conchita will be CLOSED after the placement of k-rail.
Daytime Work, following the placement of k-rail:
• Construct La Conchita Pedestrian Undercrossing: pedestrian access to the beach will be closed.
• In Carpinteria: widen Bates Road Overcrossing, construct median retaining wall and barrier on US 101.
Construction noise will not exceed levels allowed by state and federal regulations.
Toll-Free Hotline: (855) 454-6335, Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Email: Visit the website above and click on ‘Contact Us.’
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project is constructing a sixmile carpool lane in each direction for vehicles with two or more passengers, along US 101 from Mobil Pier Road in Ventura County to Casitas Pass Road in Santa Barbara County. Additional improvements include: a pedestrian undercrossing in La Conchita, concrete barriers, southbound bike lane, median landscaping, reconstruction of existing drainage, closing existing median openings and installing Intelligent Transportation Systems.